They say, “a picture speaks a thousand words”. But for many of you who have seen enough of bad charts to last a lifetime, this in-depth talk on the art and science of story telling with data will share how to use Power BI to create effective visualizations that supports informed decision making.
- Understand how your brain process information
- Exploratory vs Explanatory analysis
- Choosing the appropriate visuals
- How to reduce clutter to focus attention
- How to think like a designer
- How to tell a story with Power BI
- Best practices with Q&A
|15th October 2020, Thursday||10.00 AM – 11.30 AM||Online via Microsoft Teams||RM 38.00/pax|
Who should attend?
- This talk is designed for managers whose job is to gather and present data to support decision making. It is specifically relevant to people who are using Power BI as the example and techniques shown are all based on Power BI. It covers how we perceive facts and figures, how colours and layout affect out attention and ultimately how we put the appropriate information to help executives to make decisions. Stories provide meaning, create context and evoke a sense of purpose. Most humans are more receptive to stories than compared to facts or data as stories help us relate, empathise and remember. That is why when you present facts and figures as a story, they are more likely to arrive at a decision.
Click HERE to register
FEDELIS SDN BHD
Public Bank Berhad
**kindly submit your payment slip to [email protected] **